Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the season

We have been trying to get into the Christmas spirit at our house. I have been a kindof a scrouge this year because there was only 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I thought it was silly to get all of our Christmas decorations out for only 3 weeks. But when you have kids, sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to....So we got out the decorations and Noah, Cole, and Emery HELPED (as much as 5, 3 and 8 month olds do) decorate our house.

























The kids decorated the tree, then I redecorated it.











We decorated a gingerbread house. The boys had a lot of fun but it made a huge mess. I am still finding frosting on my table from it.











We went and saw Santa last weekend. It went so much better than last year (1st photo). Cole was nervous but kept telling himself that he wasn't scared. Noah jumped right up on santa's lap and Emery was fine until she looked up and saw that a strange guy with a hat was holding her, then she lost it. But it was at the very end so it all worked out. It was fun to hang out with the Jamieson's and the kids had a ball.



Tis the season!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

cute pictures. Gavin has told me about this gingerbread house and the trees. I need to do that with the kids.

Rachel Oswald said...

I miss your adorable kids! I love the Santa picture - it turned out great. I know what you mean about not wanting to pull out all the decorations for such a short time. Hope you guys have a great Christmas! Miss and love you guys!

McInnes Family said...

I feel like I redecorate my tree everyday!! I agree that the decorations can be such a pain sometimes. But every day my boys run out in the morning to turn on the lights. I guess it's worth it:) Cute santa pictures. I need to find a cute santa for my boys to visit. Where did you guys go? Hopefully I talk to you before Christmas. But, in case not, Merry Christmas.

Karen Liu said...

Where did you get those candy canes? Are they wood? I have looked everywhere for such cute candy canes, but to no avail!!!

The Oswalds said...

Ang, your babies are getting so big and so stinkin cute! Hello from Idaho, Kamee gave me this link to your blog. It is so fun to see how your family is. We missed you at the Christmas Eve party, but I think with all of us we have really outgrown Barb's house. Happy Holiday's! Renae